Letters & Fetters

 



First Epistle

Dearest Jean,
My greetings like every other day.
Read slowly. Please read slowly. It's good news turned inside out.
After three years of futile attempts to get an admission into the most popular university here, I finally got it.
Happy? I know because of what I stated earlier, you won't be. But how does this news become a sad one?
My parents have opened up to me. They have revealed to me that this is the same school where I lost my two siblings. Till today, none of them knows where my siblings are – whether they are still alive or dead. This is how certain students get missing every year and no one has done anything about it.
Do you think my parents will allow their only child left into this institution? If my parents had known that this is the institution I had been chasing, they would have stopped me but I didn't tell them because I wanted to make it a surprise; I wanted to make them proud.
As much as I want to back off is as much as I want to venture this. Not only will getting an admission into this university earn me social recognition, I will be able to question my siblings' whereabouts.
What am I to do? Should I just give it a go or sit back like every other person and forget about my siblings? If yesterday's effort has wrought the exposure of that horrible secret, who knows what tomorrow will bring?
With love,
Asaph.

Second Epistle

Dear Jean,
My greetings.
Here is even a harder situation. Seems like I'm getting thrown from a heated frying pan directly into the fire.
My previous letter expressed my fears concerning my admission into the school and according to your advice, I refused to listen to my parents. I left my fears behind.
Everything seemed normal but I still felt that the ugliest thing could be hidden in the most appealing package.
I made new friends and I got a senior as my new girlfriend. No fears, no one can take your place in my heart. I am only dating her because I am sure she knows some hidden things about the school. Who knows if she's all I need to get to the root of this?
I realised one thing - I have unraveled a mystery.
The influential ones are the ones in control. Students are missing. I realised that these students are the most intelligent ones in their various levels, departments and faculties.
My twin siblings were the best in their departments. Well, my girlfriend (my senior) has always been an average student so she's been safe but now, I am the best in my department.
When I informed my parents about this, they immediately asked that I stop schooling. I now know why my siblings got missing but I still have questions to answer. What happened to them? Who are these influential ones?
Evil is lurking. I am scared. Should I back off now?
Yours lovingly,
Asaph.

Third Epistle

My Dear Jean,
Greetings.
A lot of events unfolded and I am still in shock. It happens that Bukky, my girlfriend is actually someone like me. She's also in the school to find a solution to the happenings. I was relieved to know that but I was not relieved for long.
Why? Bukky is graduating this year. She is one of my twin siblings' course mate but that isn't the problem. The problem is that she is going to graduate as an average student when she is actually a genius. Well, I discovered the truth myself. She has only been pretending to be an average student because she does not want to end up as a victim.
That is not the end. I think it is just the beginning. Here is a shocker for you. I realised who Bukky is. Bukky is the director of academics' only daughter. And the director is with no doubt one of the big fishes disturbing the ocean.
Bukky knows this and she had known it for a long time. However, she has been able to do nothing about it.
Bukky has got a gang with which she is looking into the matter.
Now do you want to know the only satisfying news that I have gotten from Bukky? Bukky does not love me at all. She accepted to date me because she knew that I was in the school for the same thing she was doing.
Yet, I got another shocker – a worse one from my parents.
Yesterday, my parents called me and told me that I need to travel overseas.
Why? They claimed that I am not safe here anymore but I was suspicious so I bugged their room.
Aargh! The realisation of the truth shook my delicate world. How would my dear parents know anything of this matter?
Well, I discovered that my siblings were never missing. I was fooled like others. In reality, one of my twin siblings is in the United States while the other is in Britain, studying! And worse still, my parents are oppressors playing the victims.
This is too shocking! What am I to do, Jean? Should I confront my parents? Or just go with their plan? Or what?
Lovingly yours,
Asaph.

Fourth Epistle

Dear Jean,
I greet you.
Maybe I should first thank you for writing me back. You gave me the courage to stay back and not leave.
But things worsened. Bukky and her gang were attacked. She is currently in coma. Two of her gang members are also missing. The remaining one has told me she'd be away from school for a while. I don't know what happened and how Bukky's gang was found. I know that I am not safe anymore.
Bukky had kept everything secret and she had instructed her gang to do the same. I was the only outsider who knows a few of their activities. Well, maybe...just maybe I am wrong. Maybe the girl who wasn't attacked knows something. People can be cruel.
I am hurt by the incident. Bukky deserves to live. I need her to. But no problem still, I will take it from here.
My parents had been clamouring that I stop but I refused. They threatened to travel overseas and leave me behind but I refused to listen to them. Yesterday, they travelled out of the country.
You also need to know that the director of academics (Bukky's dad) is now in jail. It's been said that he had embezzled quite a lot of money. But I think something is definitely fishy.
I got two new hands to help me. They are my mates and best in their departments. With these two, I've realised two more cankerworms. The commissioner of police who is the father one and the Chief Judge who is the mother of the other.
With their parents, we'll definitely get to the root of this.
What should we do next? Abduct their parents? That is the best I can think of.
Your lover boy,
Asaph.

Last Epistle

Jean,
Woe betide you!
How dare you take my sincerity for granted? I knew it. There is no smoke without fire. You turned yourself into the enemy inside that opens the door for the ones outside.
You are the harbinger of doom, and doom in itself is you.
You foiled my plans. How much I trusted you!
Little did I know that you were the cause of the state that Bukky found herself in previously. Even after I had told you about her state, you still went ahead to visit her and take away her last breath! I'm so damned!
You wasted her gang and attacked my gang for no reason. They are not dead as you would have thought. I will come after you in full force. I will post all our letters online and seek help, even if it means getting one from abroad. I will make sure you go down with each one of them for your greed and acts of wickedness!
Ever wondered how I got to know that you are the devil? The last letter I sent wasn't just an ordinary letter; it was bugged.
You were paid to give information about me. My parents and the other demons paid you in order to get rid of us, even me, and you accepted.
Right now, I have enough evidence against you. I have the recording of your last meeting with them; I heard everything that was discussed: how they have been breaking the skulls of the geniuses and doing experiments with their brains. They made use of it at the hospital where my father happens to be the head.
You should be cornered now. Nowhere in the world will be your safe haven. None of you deserve to live for another day.
Your worst nightmare,
Asaph.

Thanks for reading ❤️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form