Just Curious



I stopped by the daisies dancing to the mellifluous voice of the air and parted my lips.


“Dear dancing daisies,

how do you feel

being controlled by the air?

do you enjoy the dance

or it's against your will?

Your answer can help me

in this situation.”


And the daisies breathed,

 “Air? The air is only a servant.

Why should we detest even the wind

when it only carries out its duty?”


Then a daisy patted my calf and added,

“I understand your plight

but let us not compare

a messenger with a master.”


And as I walked away, I thought,

“How? How do I know masters

from messengers who resemble masters?”





This poem is written with an aim to opening our eyes to what me might not be aware of about leadership. We rebel when we are tired of bending to rules that we find obnoxious and outrageous. Be it parental control, religious fanaticism or political misdirection. Parents might be too strict but they actually have their reasons same goes with leaders too. However, these reasons might not be good. Therefore, they might be masters or messengers who resemble masters.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form