A Glimpse of the Future



 The realisation drove me out of my reverie. For years, I harboured the thought of leading; didn't we sing 'We're the leaders of tomorrow'?

When I learnt who he was, I felt caught in the snare of daydreaming. My mare lasted years.

When I was struggling to study, he was flown overseas. Those days, I followed his father like a thrown kite with no certain destination. When I was toiling in my fatherland, he was flexing and flaunting over seas and from coast to coast.

And then I, with my brothers, friends and those like-minded fought his 'incompetent' father and all like him and we won and their years were over but then, it was the turn of we young minds to rule.

And then we young minds who had strategized taking over were pleased, our faces were as bright as the sight of sunset and we were ready to make every wrong right.

And then I stepped out and a lot of folks with me, and I canvassed for votes and he stepped out too, against me and he canvassed for votes. 

And that was when I learnt who he was. And when I learnt who he was, I felt caught in the snare of daydreaming. My mare lasted for years.

And then he had it all, all he needed to lead. And we competed. And there he was, with a smile of satisfaction and with the backup of his father and his types. And many who had backed me, cried off for he was sophisticated and had more qualifications and age was more on his side. And his friends were the most qualified to lead in other sectors too.

And that was when I knew why my life and those of many others were made tough by his father. I realised why they gave us hurdles. I realised why they cared less about academic disruption and inefficiency in every other sector. But it was too late.

And when I opened my eyes, I realised that it was merely a glimpse of the future.


What's your view on this?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form