Nemesis Awaits

 



Gains of stressful days I endured

You snatched in place of throbs

You tossed me relics for worthy souvenirs 

You made me to cringe

To cringe as the ornaments of the sky does

When the rain arrives.


Fresh fruits of painful nights

That grew from the bittersweet roots of labour

To keep my breath in place

And my folks respiring

You snatched for rapacity

All to my detriment.


The coin has been tossed a lot

It has given you all heads

Tail is on its way with trumpets

It will be my turn

Your longing face for the sole of my shoes

And your breath badly battered.



Poetic devices

Anadiplosis and simile in the first stanza. 

Anadiplosis simply means using the words that end a line to start the next line. "...to cringe. To cringe..." 

Simile - indirect comparison "...as the ornaments of the sky does..." The way I cringed is compared to how stars (ornaments of the sky) do.

Oxymoron and alliteration.

Alliteration, the recurrence of same sound in a line. F and r alliterates in "fresh fruits..."

Oxymoron, placing two contrasting ideas side by side "... bittersweet..." Bitter and sweet are opposite words placed directly beside each other.

There are personification and consonance in the last stanza too.

Personification - giving human attributes to non-human. "tail is on its way with trumpets." How on earth can the tail of a coin hold trumpets?

"...and your breath badly battered." How on earth can breath be battered when it can't even be seen or touched?

Consonance is in the last line where the consonant sound 'b' is repeated. "...breath badly battered."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form