A Bit of All


 


I have eaten cheeses

the softest cheese;

I have eaten nuts

the hardest nut;

I have eaten sweets

the sweetest sweet;

I have eaten biles

the bitterest bile;

I have been given

a couple of packages;

the wildest squirms

and the loveliest tickles;

the half-moon sometimes

remained stable in my sky

while the full moon

played hide and seek;

the cheerful sun

made me want to swear

and the sorrowful sky’s tears

foiled my plans;

the kind light

gave me a ray of hope

and the sinister darkness

comforted me best;

I have had a bit of all

they had had a bit of all;

these bits swallowed them

I swallowed these bits.

This poem is about life and survival. The poetic persona relates that he has tasted all sorts of life situations. The easy, the hard, the sweet, and the bitter ones.

In the end, he survived it while some had been unlucky because they were unable to survive.

Poetic devices in this poem include repetition and personification.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form